Traineeships prepare young people for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’.
Traineeships provide the essential work preparation training. Maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job:
- Work preparation training which ensures young people have the skills and confidence needed for an Apprenticeship or other job.
- Maths and English support to improve young people’s literacy and numeracy.
- Meaningful work experience which provides insight and experience of the world of work.
A Traineeship could be for you if you are:
- Unemployed and have a little work experience.
- Motivated to work.
- Aged 16 to 18 and qualified below level 3; or 19 to 23 and have not yet achieved a full level 2.
- Can be ready for employment or an Apprenticeship within six months of engaging in a Traineeship.
Or maybe you have been unsuccessfully applying for Apprenticeship vacancies due to a lack of skills or experience. Traineeships will last anything from six weeks to a maximum of six months with the content tailored to your individual career needs.
Find out more about traineeships