Vocational qualifications enable you to learn skills relevant to a variety of jobs and will suit you if you know what area you might like to work in.
They are available at all levels and can be studied alongside other qualifications such as GCSEs.
- There are many different types of vocational qualifications in a wide range of subjects at all levels; from Entry Level right up to Level 8 (you may have heard of BTECs and NVQs).
- You can study in school, sixth form or college and with companies that provide training.
- Many schools offer vocational qualifications as choices when choosing year 10 options.
- Vocational qualifications are welcomed and recognised by employers, training providers, colleges and universities.
- Study includes a mixture of practical learning with theory, subject-based and practical work-based learning.
What are Vocational Qualifications?